In Utawarerumono portable, there are 616 .p files, which are the game’s script.
In the 616 .p files, there are a total of 115157 lines of text. Because our text editing tool dumps the .p files as [original line] [translated line] [empty line between lines.] when we divide the amount of lines by 3, we get the amount of lines of script in the game. This number is 38385.
from the existing 38385 lines, several hundreds are system commands and other things that do not need to be touched, so a careful estimate would be that there’s around 37500 lines of text to translate.
As of writing this post, we currently have 1836 lines done.
As I’ve stated before, we are taking our time ensuring quality over speed, and needless to say, this will take a while, but I felt like making a little statistic out of it for those who are curious about the amount of work.
Thought I’d write up a bit even though there’s still not much to say about the progress..
We’re working on the script, albeit slow, but that’s mostly because I’m the script editor, which basically means that we have no script editor. With my Japanese reading and comprehension skills it’s not really progressing as fast as I’d like to at all. But it’s progressing nonetheless.. I’ve spent some time in the past days trying to figure out the ordering of the event files since theire filenames or whatever else don’t really give it away, and aside that we’ve been refining the ways we lay out the text, such as how we’re setting up the Furigana text and so on…
On the graphics side, there’s not much left to do and not much has been done since the last update. Though binaryfail is starting to poke the last graphics folder soonish, and meanwhile I rebuilt the entire gallery (which is way more work than it looks like.) The gallery is now drawn out as BGRA565 instead of 256-color, meaning the quality is way better than it is on the retail version. The gallery images have all been redone from scratch and now accurately represent the contents, which changed a little with the decensored images. a total of 11 images were altered from which 4 are completely replaced, and remaining 7 are decencored. I’ll detail that out more on a later date, as it’s prone to spoilers a bit.
Still no ETA, still no partial patches… Though we’ll propably do a little video showing off how it looks soonish.
Stay tuned for more
Earlier on I mentioned Kamuchataru and Nopon from the new characters, and since I haven’t actually beaten the portable version of the game myself yet, I thought that’s about it for new content.
Alas, i was wrong. This new character render popped up today during my dissamblies of the character portrait images. Her name is Subaru.
I did see the name in the names database earlier but didnt’ really think much of it at the time.
I don’t know her role in the story yet… Time will tell I suppose :P
Notice the lack of animal ears.
EDIT: Upon further inspection, it appears this girl and few others are found in the hidden bonus content.
….Upon seeing the dialoque, I’m not even wondering why they made it hard to reach. I did miss it since these scenes are not even visible with a 100% unlocks save.
well, the artwork is cool though, i dumped off a total of 11 renders that represent the developers themselves. Will be posting more of those later on.
…….Here you go then..