I’ll be going now and propably won’t be back before the year has changed so even though it’s still a day or so early, Merry christmas and happy new year everynyan!
I’ll be looking forward to what 2016 will bring for us to hack and translate :P (plz not another utawarerumono, we are overworked already!)
As said, it’s time Blacklabel sits down and enjoys the holidays for a bit before getting back to ze work on Utawarerumono again.. We’ll see what the new year brings us this time…
As the last thing for this year, I did prepare a tiny christmas gift for all the fellow Utawarerumono fans. :) Happy holidays~
Here you go..
– The team
Now…. i seriously have no idea why or what happened, but an user told me that commenting on the site is impossible because the text is black-on-black, and i’ve never had this issue myself with the site.. For whatever reason it’s always been gray for me, as it should be, but we did a couple tests and there seemed to be an actual issue that somehow concerned anyone else aside myself lol..
anyway, fixed, you should be able to see what you type now when making comments.
It looks like Basic will be a little more busy with things that are not Utawarerumono than he originally planned to, so just a heads up for anyone who happens to give a shit about us and our doings, resuming work on Uta1 will propably have to wait until Christmas and new year are over…
I havent heard of Basic in some days now and I’ll be halting my own doings in a few days to settle down for Christmas anyway so there won’t be much going on as far as projects go…
Today I sat down with a friend of mine, paulguy, who is also responsible for programming the first iteration of TPLCodec, the allmighty graphics decoder of Utawarerumono portable, and with him we took another look at this obscure piece of graphics that Itsuwari no Kamen likes to use. Out of every graphics file in the game (there are thousands and thousands of them) only 4 images use this method of encoding. It’s quite mindboggling really, first question coming to my mind was more or less like…. why? Well, god knows.
We spent a good deal of time discussing different methods of encoding graphics and examining patterns and possibilities and at the end of the day, was born png_deswiz.exe, the last piece of decoders needed for total graphics access on the game. Behind this more-than-a-little obscure swizzle algorithm lies the title screen, main menu, and more or less the entire battle interface of the game, along with the VN mode’s text bubbles and various other more or less visible graphics.
The algorithm behind these graphics was not an easy one by a longshot, and while I like to keep the exact algorithm undisclosed for now, i can say, that it was a serious pain in the ass to figure out what it was, before attempting to figure out how exactly to decode it. Huge thanks for Paulguy as usual for being the hands that code for me once again..
I suppose we could say that this game is more or less Pwn’d now as far as fileformats go. Now…. do we attempt to make a translation patch for uta2 once uta1 is done? time will tell…
As the title says, the bbs migration is complete and the board is back online. In case you still get “server not found” give it a little time, for the dns entries to resolve globally.
It would appear that all the DNS resolve nonsense is finally over and the blog is operating as it should again. On the other hand, the bbs was moved separately and takes up to 48 hours to resolve correctly, and during that time, accessing bbs.blacklabel-translations.com will most likely just return a “server not found” error.
I’ll keep you updated once it’s back online.
The format the character renders are made on uta2 is more or less just as annoying as it was in Uta1. Oh well, Pwn’d :)
Have a HD Aruruw ~
We’re in progress of migrating into a new host, and during this time, occasional database errors and momentary loss of posts might occur. During this time, the BBS will be offline until the migration is complete. My apologies for the inconvenience.
Graphics access is getting there and whatnot… Itsuwari no Kamen is being worked on while I wait for Basic to work more of the script for Utawarerumono portable. it’s not a currently Active project at this point in time..