Download can be found from the project page
Consider this release as a public beta. I played through one of the routes and patched off all the remaining errors I found. If you find any remaining issues, bugs, typos or the like, by all means, write a post on the bug tracker thread on the forums.
enjoy… or something
hooray…. or something.
But yeah, GFOS 2 finally went into testing phase, about time too i guess, considering that i’ve been sitting on this patch for a year now and it really doesnt have much to it anymore. The script has been fully done for 2 forevers now and same goes to all the relevant graphics and whatnot.
A friend of mine finally took it upon himself to play through the thing to see that it’s all-ok. and once that’s done it should be release time.
oh well, we’ll see how long that takes xD
still here…. somewhat.
I put the project page of utawarerumono up to date and am working on more to come… hopefully a bit faster than what i’ve recently done. Either way, game’s fully translated up to meeting Karura now and looking good and working as intended so far.
As per usual…. my apologies for having a life and whatnot..
But yes, we are alive and still (atleast giving the illusion of) working on uta! I updated the projects page and we are now past 12k lines mark with the script. Currenly the game is completely translated up to the scene of first meeting with Kuuya, and as before, the team burns with the desire to actually walk this project to the very end while struggling with real life interferences.
….some day, it will be done and we can die happy :)
Hey guys, i’m a friend of ムギ.
Recently, there were some weird 404 not founds and redirects to my domain about an hour ago for 20 minutes. This was due to a move that had been decided earlier after the old host decided to start doing some weird crap. So now we (BLACKlabel translations) are on a new host.
It’s nice to meet you all and i hope you have a nice day :D
As usual, updates have been far and between…. My apologies for that.
Allow me to explain a bit of what’s been going on ever since the last posts around christmas times.
First of all; Personal matters. I now have a girlfriend who im going to marry very soon, and hence my real life has been turned into something i have to now pay a lot of attention instead of being something i mostly ignored as an unneccessary nuisance before. Thats one thing, i havent given Utawarerumono the attention it requires, and for that my apologies.
secondly; the translation.
as sad as i am to say, we have not heard from Basic at all basically ever since january, and we have been unable to contact him at all, which means that the project is for the first time in it’s history in real jeopardy. If it comes to that, i will look for alternate sources to complete this patch, but not before i have had a definite confirmation that Basic wont do it. The OC in me prevents me from having anyone else work on it and compromise the steady quality and consistency of the script. This patch is still something primarily worked for ourselves, and after that, for other people to enjoy, and my perfectionism simply places the quality over extended periods of time, whether it be months or years… I do realize this will be a dissappointment for those to hear who were actually waiting for it to complete… i am sorry to say i have completely lost a timeframe for it’s completion now, and the future events will tell how it goes.
ps: BASIC IF YOU READ THIS, READ YOUR MAIL AND PLZ REPLY KTHX!
There was a minor fuckup regarding the domain renewal that caused it to expire for a day or 2, the issue has now been resolved and the site is back up and running.
And so we’ve all returned from our derpings and the crew is back together :P
there’s been all sorts of slowdowns for the start of the year, but those are now done with and we’re about to get back getting utawarerumono portable finally done.
Basic had a hard drive failure though, which slows us down a tiny bit, but nothing severe, so he’ll be back on track in a few days. And the dev side of the team has been derping off with itsuwari no kamen in the meantime, the game’s more or less fully reversed, from what i’ve been testing, the graphics edits work great, the text edits work great, and aside a minor issue with the font on some system messages, the UI text edits are also working (they work, they’re just written as full-width, and tbh, no idea if we are capable of fixing that without any actual debugging tools for ps3.) So far it only seems to affect several not so important things though, such as “loading data” or “DLC unlocked” and messages like that, totally annoying but not gamebreaking. Either way, research on uta2 continues while out main focus is getting uta1 done.
I’ll be going now and propably won’t be back before the year has changed so even though it’s still a day or so early, Merry christmas and happy new year everynyan!
I’ll be looking forward to what 2016 will bring for us to hack and translate :P (plz not another utawarerumono, we are overworked already!)