This game is practically the reason I became a romhacker. Zill O’ll is a game I’ve wanted to play ever since I first heard about it in 1998. (original PS1 version.) Almost 2 decades later, here we are.
This project aims to overhaul and completely translate Zill O’ll Infinite Plus for PSP, and in addition to the translation, a lot have been and will be done, including but not limited to:
– Updated graphics and fixes of graphic errors present on the vanilla game (removal of 16-color graphics to replace them with higher color counterparts)
– Import graphics from the game’s PS2 version where appliapple.
– Optional mods to import PS1 version soundtrack and replicated PS1 version’s menus.
– High-resolution 3d model textures (imported from PS2 version, double resolution compared to originals.)
Hacking: Binaryfail / Mugi
Main Graphics: 100%
Tools: 100% (text unpacker/repacker, Filesystem Tools, Graphics tools, Ghetto tools for extracting data from the PS2 version.)
Assembly: ~75% (various little fixes are missing, updated as necessary.)
PS1 Audio mod: 100% (60/60 tracks have been converted and imported into the psp version.)
PS1 UI mod: 80% (battle mode UI is yet to be done.)
Translation: ???? (Tom’s working on it, but the script is nearly 10MB in size and the layout makes it really hard to estimate amounts completed.)
High Resolution Texture mod: Heavily in progress (~100 / 600 textures converted.)
High-resolution texture pack is currently heavily in progress and various stages of it might be shown or missing from presented videos / screenshots. All preview material (videos) as for now are recorded using the PS1 audio mod, meaning that the music heard on any recorded previews of the patch is not the original present in the game.
ALL MODIFICATIONS TO THE GAME INCLUDING HIGH RESOLUTION TEXTURES ARE 100% COMPATIBLE WITH REAL PSP HARDWARE AND ARE BEING EXTENSIVELY TESTED FOR IT. NOTHING THAT WILL BREAK THIS WILL EVER BE IMPLEMENTED INTO THE PATCH!
What is done so far includes:
– Graphics have been updated to 256 color / direct color where appliable. (all necessary graphics have been translated to english.)
– Character portraits have been color-restored and remastered.
– Game font has been fully redone (9px tahoma was implemented, font shading has also been applied.)
– Gender variable has been implemented into the text engine to automatically differentiate him/her depending on the players selected gender.
– Menu backgrounds were unified to remove a badly stretched image that made some of the menus look really bad. (they all have a blue background now.)
– System modules have been patched to english and O=ok button configuration.
– Game’s date format has been patched to dd.mm.yyyy instead of the japanese yyyy.mm.dd.
– Character creation and equipment rename function in the game’s weapon shop have been patched to accept ASCII inputs (english) in addition to maintaining support for japanese text.
– Optional PS1 audio mod is completed.